Friday, July 15, 2011

"Ballad of Birmingham"

I remember when my little sister Mikayla was born, just like it was yesterday. February 24th,2004. I was at school and the principle called me to the office on the intercom. Everyone in the classroom teased " Ooooo you're in trouble!" I was so scared but I didn't show it. I walked to the principles office thinking over everything that I've done recently, and I couldn't think of anything that would actually land me in the principles office. I was a nervous wreck and as soon as I walked in the office I broke down, my eyes were so watery I barley could see. I felt someone hug me and say "whats wrong?" still sobbing I replied "I'm in trouble!" I looked up and realized it was my dad holding me. He got on one knee and said "who said that?" I said "I got sent up here". My dad then realized that I thought I was there because I was in trouble. He told me that I had a baby sister now named Mikayla, I was so happy because I always wanted to be a big sister. I went to the hospital with my daddy, because my little sister couldn't leave just yet. I will never forget that day.

1 comment:

  1. Great story.
    Remember to spell check before posting (principal≠principle).
    Dialogue should look something like this:

    "What's wrong?" she said. He said, "Who said that?"

    Like in beginning of sentences, the first letter at the start of dialogue needs to be capitalized. There is also a comma before the quotation marks.

    :)

    ReplyDelete