Friday, July 15, 2011

"Legal Alien/Extranjera Legal"

I have felt trapped between both worlds before. I use to have to act a lot different by my parents then I would act normally, my parents and my family expected so much from me and wanted me to be something I completely wasn't. They expected a 4.0 and for me to be classy, no fights no boyfriends. I mean I could take the being classy part, but I wanted to date, and every girl gets into fights in high school. They wanted that perfect daughter, or family member that they could brag about. I never really exceeded their expectations, I guess that's why things are they way that they are now. I learned now that I should just be myself. Pretending to be someone your not is hard work, and if someone can't accept you for how you are, then maybe you're just better without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment